Matar paneer

Matar paneer

  • Prepare: 15M
  • Cook: 15M
  • Total: 30M
Matar paneer

Matar paneer

Ingredients

  • Produce

    • 3 Coriander
    • 2 tbsp Coriander, leaves
    • 2 Garlic
    • 1/2 inch Ginger
    • 1 Green chilies
  • Baking & Spices

    • 1/2 inch Cinnamon
    • 1 tsp Coriander seeds
    • 1/4 tsp Garam masala
    • 4 Peppercorns, whole black
    • 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
    • 1 Salt as required
    • 1/4 tsp Turmeric
  • Nuts & Seeds

    • 10 Cashews, whole
    • 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
  • Dairy

    • 1 tbsp Malai or cream
    • 2 tbsp Oil or ghee
    • 250 g Paneer
  • Liquids

    • 1 cup Water
  • Other

    • 2 to 3 cloves ((lavang
    • 1 Medium to large onion (- roughly chopped or ½ cup roughly chopped onions
    • 1 cup Peas or matar - fresh or frozen
    • 3 Medium sized ripe red tomatoes (- roughly chopped or ¾ cup roughly chopped tomatoes
    • ½ teaspoon sugar or add as required (- optional *check notes
  • Time
  • Prepare: 15M
  • Cook: 15M
  • Total: 30M

Found on

Description

matar paneer recipe - spiced and creamy curry with peas and cottage cheese. a family recipe.nutrition info is per serving. Nutrition Facts matar paneer recipe Amount Per Serving Calories 197 Calories from Fat 109 % Daily Value* Total Fat 12.1g 19% Saturated Fat 6.1g 31% Trans Fat 0g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g Monounsaturated Fat 3.6g Cholesterol 31.2mg 10% Sodium 824.9mg 34% Potassium 332.4mg 9% Total Carbohydrates 13.7g 5% Dietary Fiber 3.4g 14% Sugars 6.2g Protein 10.5g 21% Vitamin A 14% Vitamin C 39% Calcium 9% Iron 8% * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Directions

  • blend all the ingredients mentioned under masala paste in a grinder or blender to a smooth paste. no need to add water while grinding. keep aside.
  • heat oil or ghee. add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds. saute the cumin till they splutter.
  • then add the ground masala paste. stir. take care while sauteing as the paste splutters. if there is too much spluttering, then cover partly with a lid till the spluttering stops.
  • saute for 10-12 minutes or more on a low to medium flame till the oil separates from the paste.
  • add all the dry spice powders - turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder. stir well.
  • if adding cream or malai, you can add now. stir and saute for a minute.
  • then add the peas or matar. stir again.
  • add water and season with salt.
  • cover the cooker tightly and pressure cook till the matar/peas are cooked. cook for about 2 to 3 whistles or 9 to 10 minutes. (check notes below on how to cook in a pan.)
  • when the pressure drops on its own, open the lid of the pressure cooker.
  • if the curry appears thin, then simmer till it reaches the desired consistency. the consistency is medium and neither thick nor thin.
  • if the gravy appears thick, then add some water and simmer.
  • add the paneer cubes. simmer for 1 to 2 minutes on a low flame or till the paneer cubes get cooked. for a slight sweet taste, you can also add sugar just before you add the paneer cubes.
  • dont overcook as the paneer becomes dense and hard then.
  • garnish matar paneer with coriander leaves.
  • serve matar paneer with rotis, parathas, naan or rice.

Nutrition

calories: 197 kcal
  • Serves: 4
  • Prepare: PT15M
  • Cook Time: PT15M
  • TotalTime:
vegrecipesofindia.com

vegrecipesofindia.com

226 1
Title:

matar paneer recipe, how to make matar paneer | paneer matar recipe

Descrition:

matar paneer recipe with step by step photos. simple and easy mutter paneer recipe. matar paneer is a classic north indian punjabi recipe which my mil makes. its simple, fuss free and easy.

Matar paneer

  • Produce

    • 3 Coriander
    • 2 tbsp Coriander, leaves
    • 2 Garlic
    • 1/2 inch Ginger
    • 1 Green chilies
  • Baking & Spices

    • 1/2 inch Cinnamon
    • 1 tsp Coriander seeds
    • 1/4 tsp Garam masala
    • 4 Peppercorns, whole black
    • 1/4 tsp Red chili powder
    • 1 Salt as required
    • 1/4 tsp Turmeric
  • Nuts & Seeds

    • 10 Cashews, whole
    • 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
  • Dairy

    • 1 tbsp Malai or cream
    • 2 tbsp Oil or ghee
    • 250 g Paneer
  • Liquids

    • 1 cup Water
  • Other

    • 2 to 3 cloves ((lavang
    • 1 Medium to large onion (- roughly chopped or ½ cup roughly chopped onions
    • 1 cup Peas or matar - fresh or frozen
    • 3 Medium sized ripe red tomatoes (- roughly chopped or ¾ cup roughly chopped tomatoes
    • ½ teaspoon sugar or add as required (- optional *check notes

The first person this recipe

vegrecipesofindia.com

vegrecipesofindia.com

226 1

Found on vegrecipesofindia.com

Veg Recipes of India

matar paneer recipe, how to make matar paneer | paneer matar recipe

matar paneer recipe with step by step photos. simple and easy mutter paneer recipe. matar paneer is a classic north indian punjabi recipe which my mil makes. its simple, fuss free and easy.